Last night, I was walking down Pasong Tamo cor. Buendia when I was handed a flyer. At first, I thought it was some kind of food promotion. And it was indeed food since it was about KFC – Kentucky Fried Chicken. But as soon as I read the contents, it was not in any way promoting KFC but actually against KFC. It even meant Kentucky Fried Cruelty.
Here’s the exact content why KFC is being condemned.
The Colonel’s Secret Recipe
- 736 million chickens (inquisitive and friendly little animals) per year
- Cut parent bird’s beaks off with a hot blade
- Stuff baby chicks into waste-filled shed with tens of thousands of other birds.
- Feed growth-inducing antibiotics that get passed on in the meat.
- Engineer birds for maximum breast meat sometimes causing their tiny legs to become crippled under their own weight.
- Do not clean feces-contaminated shed for birds entire lives.
- Force survivors by their legs and throw into truck with thousands of their birds.
- Truck frightened birds to slaughter in all weather extremes.
- Snap survivors’ legs into shackles.
- Run them through an electrified water bath that painfully shocks many.
- Cut their throats.
- Dump them into scalding-hot water to remove their feathers, even if they’re still conscious.
Garry De Castro is a personal finance advocate, Financial Advisor, Certified Investment Solicitor (Mutual Fund Representative), investor, stock market trader, blogger, and IT practitioner. He started sharing and writing financial articles 2008 just to share his financial learnings to friends, relatives and anyone who wishes to be financially independent.